FreeBSD 10 on VMWare in a corporate network; How?

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Sat Feb 8 19:39:13 UTC 2014

First of all, I wouldn't go with 10-RELEASE, as it is not officially
supported. Go for 9.2-RELEASE amd64 or expect all kinds of problems.

Indeed, in order to install vmware tools you need perl (best way is to
go with lang/perl5.16), and misc/compat6x.

If you are not in control of your Internet firewall and/or proxy, you
should ask people who are to let you through. FreeBSD behind proxy with
ntlm auth scheme is... er... I can't find the right word. Not good.
--
Marko Cupać