FreeBSD 10 on VMWare in a corporate network; How?

Alban Hertroys haramrae at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 23:51:06 UTC 2014

On 07 Feb 2014, at 20:03, dteske at freebsd.org wrote:

>> We're behind an NT/LM authenticated proxy, which I haven't managed to
>> get past yet from the FreeBSD installation in the VM, so downloading
> distfiles
>> (Perl, for example) isn't currently possible.
>>
> [Devin Teske]
>
> Try setting the "http_proxy" environment variable...
>
> env http_proxy=myuser:mypass at myproxy pkg install -y perl

I did, as well as the other suggestion of setting HTTP_PROXY_AUTH. All I got back from HTTP requests was that the proxy requires authentication. I assume because that method doesn’t do NT/LM authentication?

I’m going to try some of the other suggestions on Monday; hadn’t thought to try an ssh tunnel, for example.

Alban Hertroys