svn - but smaller?

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Mar 11 05:19:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:33:50 -0400, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
 > On Feb 23, 2013, at 7:36 PM, John Mehr wrote:
 >
 > >   Hello all,
 > >   I've believe I've made just about all of the progress optimizing svnup
 > >   as I can and I've just submitted it as a new port.  With my ~ 350kb/s
 > >   DSL connection, it now takes just under 30 minutes to download a fresh
 > >   base/releng/8.3 tree using svnup (Subversion's svn takes approximately
 > >   12 minutes).  Incremental updates, such as tracking one of the stable
 > >   branches takes only 2-3 minutes.
 > >   For anyone that wants to preview the port before it gets added to the
 > >   ports tree (assuming I got the send-pr correct), the tarball is located
 > >   at:
 > >   http://jcm.dsl.visi.com/freebsd/svnup/svnup-0.5.tar.xz
 > >   Please let me know if you find any issues.
 >
 > If anyone has any info about sunup(1) making it's way into base, please tell me so I can kill this page:
 >
 > https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource
 >
 > (After trying to catch up on the relevant lists, I just updated that 'status page' on the FreeBSD wiki.)
 >
 > --
 > John, this is spectacular- thank you!
 >
 > Rocket-
 > .ike

Cool.

The link to svnup above is stale however, now at 0.56.  Best use the
link (as on your wiki page) of http://jcm.dsl.visi.com/freebsd/svnup/
and go from there.

Also, I wouldn't be in a hurry to kill that wiki page, lots of useful
info still there, even when it becomes only for historical reference.

cheers, Ian