About kern.ipc.somaxconn and netstat

Kubilay Kocak koobs.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:33:31 UTC 2013

On 30/01/2013 12:26 PM, Efraín Déctor wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We have a webserver using FreeBSD, we read about tunning kern.ipc.somaxconn (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-kernel-limits.html) so the OS can handle all the connections. Is there a way to know how many connections are established in a certain moment?. I know about netstat(1) but is there any other command that we can use to know the exact amount of how many connections are established?.
>

> Thanks in advance.

This one might help:

kern.ipc.numopensockets: Number of open sockets

It's usefulness will depend on the granularity you require (in only, out
only, established only, etc) but it's always represented system-wide
resource consumption very well (matching observed workloads - <some
baseline value>)

--
Ta,

Koobs