About kern.ipc.somaxconn and netstat

Efraín Déctor efraindector at motumweb.com
Wed Jan 30 01:45:22 UTC 2013

From: Adam Vande More
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:33 PM
To: Efraín Déctor
Cc: freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: About kern.ipc.somaxconn and netstat

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Efraín Déctor <efraindector at motumweb.com> wrote:

  Hello.

  We have a webserver using FreeBSD, we read about tunning kern.ipc.somaxconn (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-kernel-limits.html) so the OS can handle all the connections. Is there a way to know how many connections are established in a certain moment?. I know about netstat(1) but is there any other command that we can use to know the exact amount of how many connections are established?.

sockstat(1)

There are other sysctl's to view connections in a particular state such as net.inet.tcp.pcblist:

Adam Vande More
--

Thank you. I’ll give it a try.