svn - but smaller?

Fleuriot Damien ml at my.gd
Fri Jan 25 15:35:50 UTC 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 2:38 PM, Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au> wrote:

> As others have suggested, an SVN package that could be installed with a
> static build and run dependency-free binary would help ease the pain for
> those looking specifically at updating 9.x or 8.x sources to -STABLE as
> a directly usable csup replacement, preferably on install media but at
> least easily fetchable as a package?  I find portsnap fine for ports.
>
> cheers, Ian

Actually, for anyone running 8.x amd64 and too lazy to build SVN (or who can't be bothered with its dependencies), you can get my static build here:
http://my.gd/svn

Checksum should match this, after download:
MD5 (/usr/local/bin/svn) = 204df5cd31b94c49611890893c7c2aba

% uname -a
FreeBSD pf1.backbone.dev 8.3-STABLE FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE #0 r245223: Wed Jan  9 14:03:15 UTC 2013     root at pf1.backbone.dev:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNIVERSAL  amd64

% ldd /usr/local/bin/svn
ldd: /usr/local/bin/svn: not a dynamic ELF executable

% ls -l /usr/local/bin/svn
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  4205656 Jan 22 16:51 /usr/local/bin/svn

% cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion
% make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for subversion-1.7.8:
     BDB=off: Berkeley Database
     BOOK=off: Install the Subversion Book
     ENHANCED_KEYWORD=off: Enhanced svn:keyword support
     FREEBSD_TEMPLATE=off: FreeBSD Project log template
     GNOME_KEYRING=off: Build with GNOME Keyring auth support
     KDE_KWALLET=off: Build with KDE KWallet auth support
     MAINTAINER_DEBUG=off: Build debug version
     MOD_DAV_SVN=off: mod_dav_svn module for Apache 2.X
     MOD_DONTDOTHAT=off: mod_dontdothat for Apache 2.X
     NEON=off: WebDAV/Delta-V repo access module (neon)
     P4_STYLE_MARKERS=off: Perforce-style conflict markers
     SASL=off: SASL support
     SERF=off: WebDAV/Delta-V repo access module (serf)
     STATIC=on: Build static version (no shared libs)
     SVNAUTHZ_VALIDATE=off: install svnauthz-validate
     SVNMUCC=off: Install Multiple URL Command Client
     SVNSERVE_WRAPPER=off: Enable svnserve wrapper
     TEST=off: Run subversion test suite