svn - but smaller?

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 25 15:38:46 UTC 2013

On 25/01/2013 13:38, Ian Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to work out exactly when support for checking out 9-STABLE
> CVS sources - and I'm only talking about system sources here - will end?

The date that CVS for src will cease to be kept in sync with SVN and
when cvsup etc. are officially withdrawn for src -- that date has not
been announced yet[*]  All we know with any certainly is that CVS is
deprecated and will be withdrawn sooner rather than later.

There will be an announcement closer to the end-date once that has
firmed up.  I assume that there will be a reasonable grace period for
die-hard CVS/cvsup users to finish getting themselves sorted out,
although given the quantity of advance warnings sensible people will
already be well advanced (if not complete) in their projects for
migrating away.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] Unlike ports CVS which is closing down on 28th February