Ghosted logins in w/who

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 10 14:48:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM,  <damonray at mac.hush.com> wrote:
> If I wipe the utmp file all the w/who content goes away, resets if you
> will. But in a matter of moments the problem reappears.. is this
> something that needs to be submitted as a bug report do you think?
> Thanks!
> Damon

Hi Damon

Fabian was explaining to you that utmp was replaced by utmpx.

All programs in base that wrote to utmp now write to utmpx instead. If
you still have programs not from base that write to utmp, you will get
incorrect/crazy values reported - you must rebuild all tools that
currently write to utmp so that they no longer do so.

Cheers

Tom