Ghosted logins in w/who

damonray at mac.hush.com damonray at mac.hush.com
Wed Apr 10 14:59:41 UTC 2013

Got it. I'll double check to make sure everything was recompiled
correctly. Thanks!
Damon

On 4/10/2013 at 9:49 AM, "Tom Evans"  wrote:On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at
3:09 PM,   wrote:
> If I wipe the utmp file all the w/who content goes away, resets if
you
> will. But in a matter of moments the problem reappears.. is this
> something that needs to be submitted as a bug report do you think?
> Thanks!
> Damon

Hi Damon

Fabian was explaining to you that utmp was replaced by utmpx.

All programs in base that wrote to utmp now write to utmpx instead. If
you still have programs not from base that write to utmp, you will get
incorrect/crazy values reported - you must rebuild all tools that
currently write to utmp so that they no longer do so.

Cheers

Tom