Write Failed message with 9.1-RC3

Reed A. Cartwright cartwright at asu.edu
Tue Nov 27 05:15:32 UTC 2012

Mark,

Shutdown happens cleanly.  My pciconf.log is attached.  sysctl.conf is
empty.  Kernel is uncustomized amd64:

FreeBSD herschel.biodesign.asu.edu 9.1-RC3 FreeBSD 9.1-RC3 #0 r242324:
Tue Oct 30 00:58:57 UTC 2012
root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

loader.conf:

zfs_load="YES"
geom_eli_load="YES"
ahci_load="YES"

vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:zroot"
debug.acpi.max_tasks="128"
#vboxdrv_load="YES"
kern.maxfiles="65536"

kldstat:

Id Refs Address            Size     Name
 1   46 0xffffffff80200000 1323388  kernel
 2    1 0xffffffff81524000 2084d8   zfs.ko
 3    2 0xffffffff8172d000 5c58     opensolaris.ko
 4    1 0xffffffff81733000 1f988    geom_eli.ko
 5    2 0xffffffff81753000 2b470    crypto.ko
 6    2 0xffffffff8177f000 dde0     zlib.ko
 7    1 0xffffffff81812000 15c2     fdescfs.ko
 8    1 0xffffffff81814000 3dfc     linprocfs.ko
 9    2 0xffffffff81818000 1f3dc    linux.ko
10    1 0xffffffff81838000 a0e      linsysfs.ko
11    2 0xffffffff81839000 29f1     vboxnetflt.ko
12    2 0xffffffff8183c000 2c018    vboxdrv.ko
13    2 0xffffffff81869000 87b2     netgraph.ko
14    1 0xffffffff81872000 1579     ng_ether.ko
15    1 0xffffffff81874000 3f8a     vboxnetadp.ko
16    1 0xffffffff81878000 ce8a     ipfw.ko
17    1 0xffffffff81885000 21d      green_saver.ko

ZFS Properties:

NAME                                     PROPERTY              VALUE
               SOURCE
storage                                  mountpoint            legacy
               local
storage                                  atime                 off
               local
storage/home                             mountpoint            /home
               local
storage/jails                            mountpoint            /jails
               local
storage/storage                          mountpoint
/storage               local
zroot                                    mountpoint            legacy
               local
zroot                                    checksum
fletcher4              local
storage/home                             xattr                 off
               temporary
storage/jails                            xattr                 off
               temporary
storage/storage                          xattr                 off
               temporary
storage/storage/tt                       xattr                 off
               temporary
zroot                                    xattr                 off
               temporary

ZFS Status:

  pool: storage
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 9h21m with 0 errors on Sat Nov 17 12:23:44 2012
config:

    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    storage     ONLINE       0     0     0
      raidz2-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        da0     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da1     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da2     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da3     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da4     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da5     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da6     ONLINE       0     0     0
        da7     ONLINE       0     0     0
    cache
      da8       ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: zroot
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h14m with 0 errors on Sat Nov 17 03:16:09 2012
config:

    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    zroot       ONLINE       0     0     0
      mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0