powerd and increase in energy need

Thu Mar 22 15:03:33 UTC 2012

Quoting Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at iet.unipi.it> (from Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:59:46
+0100):
> it isn't such a big deal in my opinion. The %efficiency at low
> levels is misleading if you don't factor out the 5-10W plateau for
> keeping the
> PSU alive (fan, ballast, etc.). See for instance

My point is: if you (plural) don't see the expected difference between the
states or frequency levels, you first have to make sure your PSU is
working in a way which allows to see a difference before you can tell that
a C-state or a frequency change do not do what you want them to do.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Murray's Rule: Any country with "democratic" in the title isn't.
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7