FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 Available...

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 25 18:29:22 UTC 2012

On 23 Aug 2012, at 22:52, "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> * RIght now you can mirror
>> svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/{stable/9,release/9.1*,etc} to your laptop,
>> and Simon is setting up a US-east coast and US-west coast mirror.  You
>> can easily switch your mirrors on the fly if there's a closer/faster
>> one.
>
> Real world got in the way, but they should be ready by Friday or Saturday, and will be documented in the Handbook.

Mirrors are now running and documented: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/mirrors-svn.html

I'm still doing some final tweaks so there might be some shorter outages over the weekend, but it should be < 1m issues.

PS. also, if anyone are access http://svn.FreeBSD.org/ you are in fact now using svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org, to avoid having to run apache on the main svn server, so - you might as well use the mirror directly and avoid going through netcat...

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team