GEOM_RAID in GENERIC 9.1

Eugene M. Zheganin eugene at zhegan.in
Fri Aug 17 12:48:01 UTC 2012

Hi.

On 17.08.2012 14:44, Gabor Radnai wrote:
> Sorry the content of original mail I replied to was missed. For
> clarity here it is:
>
> [...]
> My reply again then:
>
> Unfortunately I am a less experienced user so no clue how to disable
> GEOM_RAID but i am hit by this issue. My zfs setup is totally messed up.
> Would appreciate if you could share the trick.
>
> Additionally: building a new kernel solves the issue naturally but is there
> anything more convenient solution? What is your trick?

Your choice could be:

- boot old kernel (even 8.x), compile a new one without GEOM_RAID and
install/boot it
- take the LiveCD, boot it, copy a kernel from the network without a
GEOM_RAID instead your kernel
- use usb stick with an installed FreeBSD (it must be using
GEOM_RAID-free kernel) in order to do the same thing
etc

I did the thing with usb stick.
There's also a way to clear the GEOM_RAID metadata from your disks, but
I didn't manage how to do this (asked a couple of questions here though)
so I won't be giving any advice about it.

Eugene.