smartctl / mpt on 9.0-RC1

Frank Razenberg frank at zzattack.org
Wed Nov 2 22:21:50 UTC 2011

Ever since I tried 9.0-RC1 I haven't been able to read SMART values of
the disks attached to my Intel SASUC8i (LSI 1068e rebrand) controller
with smartctl. Similar disks on motherboard SATA ports can be queried as
expected.

    # smartctl -a /dev/da0
    smartctl 5.42 2011-10-20 r3458 [FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 amd64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-11 by Bruce Allen,
    http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The controller was flashed to run in IT-mode. The relevant smartctl.core
dump is available at http://files.zzattack.org/smartctl.core.zip

Suggestions or a fix would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Frank