Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 30 13:07:04 UTC 2011

on 29/03/2011 22:54 Doug Barton said the following:
> For those arguing that FreeBSD is a great desktop OS

I have even a stronger opinion: FreeBSD is the *best* desktop for _me_.
I emphasize again -  personally for _me_: for _my_ uses, for _my_ habits, for _my_
etc.  (And for my family's ones too, just in case).

> I would encourage you to
> spend some time using some of the linux versions mentioned in this thread.

Been there, done that, nothing changed :)

So, instead of suggesting what's best for other person, let's just share our
experiences and let that other person try and decide.

That is:
"I found Linux to be a better desktop than FreeBSD" is fine by me.
"Use Linux as a desktop because it's better than FreeBSD [for you]" is not.

Thanks.
--
Andriy Gapon