running newsyslog fiveminly

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 17:26:56 UTC 2011

Simplest solution is to have two separate config files for newsyslog, and to
edit /etc/crontab to point it at the two separate configs.  One job runs
every 5 mins, the other runs normally.

I do this with three separate config files for different sets of logs that
need to be rotated into different directories at different times.