How to get suspend/resume work on IBM T60?

Yue Wu vanopen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:31:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 02:12:23PM +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 November 2010 04:20:17 Yue Wu wrote:
>
> > I'm using FreeBSD stable on IBM T60, `acpiconf -s 3` can let T60 into
> > suspend mode, but then it can't be waked up anyhow.
> >
> > so my question is, anyone use FreeBSD on IBM T60 and make the
> > suspend/resume work on it?
>
> According to whitelist.c in the linux suspend package, the T60 needs "s3 bios"
> and "s3 mode" for the video to work on resume, which I don't think has been
> implemented.
>
> When the system has come back from being suspended, does the keyboard still
> work? At least on my laptop everything works except the backlight doesn't get
> turned back on.

No, even the indicating light indicates the status is still in
suspend, I have to press and hold the power key to power off.

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China