7.3-RC2 Available...

Reed Loefgren rloefgren at forethought.net
Thu Mar 4 14:41:19 UTC 2010

On 03/04/10 07:15, Ken Smith wrote:
> The third and what should be last of the test builds for the 7.3-RELEASE
> cycle, 7.3-RC2, is available for amd64, i386, pc98, and sparc64
> architectures.  The target schedule as well as the current status of the
> release is available here:

...snipped...

Good news, certainly. Will 7.3R include the gmirror improvements that
were missed by 8.0R but that are in 8-STABLE? I have a couple servers
using 7.2R and having those improvements in 7.3 would let me avoid the
jump to 8-STABLE. Or is a buildworld from 7.2 to 8.x straightforward and
safe?

Thanks also to the FreeBSD team for their continued hard work.

Regards,