Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Wed Nov 18 02:13:02 UTC 2009

>  LSI SAS 3080X-R    8-port SATA/SATA PCI-X

This one uses LSI1068 chip which is supported by mpt driver. I'm using
motherboard with an on-board equivalent of this and don't have much to
complain about. I did see some CRC errors with SATA drives in 3Gbps
mode, but those went away after updating firmware to 1.29.0.0. I've
seen some comments on zfs-discuss mailing list that -IR variant of the
firmware (the one that provides RAID0/1 capabilities) does have some
stability issues and recommended going with simpler -IT version (just
pass-through disks).

--Artem