ZFS on top of GELI / Intel Atom 330 system

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:17:28 UTC 2009

Ouch, that does indeed sounds quite slow, especially considering that
a dual core Athlon 6400 is pretty fast CPU. Have you done any
comparison benchmarks between UFS2 with Softupdates and ZFS on the
same system? What are the read/write numbers like? Have you done any
investigating regarding possible causes of ZFS working so slow on your
system? Just wondering if its an ATA chipset problem, a drive problem,
a ZFS problem or what...

- Dan Naumov