ZFS on top of GELI / Intel Atom 330 system

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri May 29 09:10:40 UTC 2009

> Is there anyone here using ZFS on top of a GELI-encrypted provider on
> hardware which could be considered "slow" by today's standards? What

I run a mirrored zpool on top of a pair of 1TB SATA drives - they are
only 7200 rpm so pretty dog slow as far as I'm concerned. The
CPOU is a dual core Athlon 6400, and I am running amd64. The performance
is not brilliant - about 25 meg/second writing a file, and about
53 meg/second reading it.

It's a bit dissapointing really - thats a lot slower that I expected
when I built it, especially the write speed.

-pete.