Freebsd 7.2-RC boot problem

Jim Pingle lists at pingle.org
Mon Apr 27 17:48:46 UTC 2009

subbsd wrote:
> Hello, i've got some problem with my SATA Optiarc DVD RW:
> message output on the screen in not stopped, but repeating with incremental
> delay:
> acd0: DVDR <Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S/1.06> at ata3-master UDMA33
> HEOM_LABEL: Label for provider acd0 is iso9660/FreeBSD_Install

Did you retype this? Or did it really say "HEOM"? If that's not a typo,
you may want to check for RAM errors.

> run_interrupt_driven hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
> run_interrupt_driven hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config
> run_interrupt_driven hooks: still waiting after 180 seconds for xpt_config
> run_interrupt_driven hooks: still waiting after 240 seconds for xpt_config
> run_interrupt_driven hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config

I spoke with someone the other day who had that exact same message, and
it was due to either a Firewire controller in the BIOS, or a USB card
reader. They disabled both at the same time, and the message went away.

That appears to be the CAM subsystem probing for root-capable devices,
from what I found via Google the other day.

Jim