more automated fetch of ISO-IMAGES & ports

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:42:51 UTC 2009

BitTorrent is NOT always a good solution .

I tried it on an approximately 4.5 Giga Bytes iso which came out to be
unusable because

- direct download is taken minimum 12 hours with a 1024 kilo bits per second
down load speed ,
  in average 18 hours from Turkey .

- BitTorrent download is reaching in average to 45 hours due to 256 kilo
bits up loads where
 my PC is also used as a server for down loaders to share my downloaded
parts .

I am not escaping to help to other people but to find a 45 hours continuous
time without destructive voltage fluctuations and nearly dedicate a PC so
much time is difficult .