rl0: watchdog timeout + 40, 000 ms ping with 7.1-BETA-i386-disc1.iso

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Fri Sep 26 17:17:34 UTC 2008

>  > I'm remaking binaries,

New generic kernel built & installed, & install of all src/ done too.
No improvement.

> Is there reliable way to reproduce the issue?

Its continuous, the machine virtually never does a ping in less
than 10 seconds.

> Anyway, would you try attached patch and let me know result?

Thanks
Done, doesnt help.
Seeing a new message now too:
ping: sendto: No buffer space available.

Output of vmstat -i and pciconf -lv look the same as before

It's a small card. Weighs 46 gram. I was going to write
	I could simply post it to you, & you could keep it if you
	want.  As I had quessed it might be some new kind of card
	unexperienced before,
	RTL8139D, card just says made in China

But I just grabbed another card
	card says Level One.
	chip 8139B
& with both patched kernel & original no improvement.
So I tried a totaly different card xl0 fails too,
I think that 3com xl0 card was OK before in another box,
so I'd guess not an rl problem, Sorry.

Probably not 7.1 either, but probably a BIOS config problem of some sort.

IRQ 12 was listed in Award BIOS as Primary, options were also secondary or disabled, so Ive set it disabled.
PNP OS Yes
Resources: Auto
"Reset config data" to Enabled (I forgot before after card changes)

Did another restore BIOS factory defaults, no help.
Moved xl0 to another slot (all other 3 slots never use I guess, as
chassis plates not torn off on what I guess is original chassis.
No luck with xl0
I'm out of ideas.

Cheers,
Julian