Fwd: FreeBSD 7.1 Content

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Sep 8 22:50:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 08:06:24AM -0400, Randy Pratt wrote:
> Additionally, I've never seen a clear way of synchronizing a
> local ports tree to that used to create the "LATEST" packages.

There's really not a way to easily track this, especially with the
fact that we tend to run incremental updates.  The best approximation
we can give you is e.g.:

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-6-latest/cvsdone

but if there were manual updates to the tree, then the cvsdone files
may be out-of-date.  In addition, if there were checkins in progress
as of that time, the tree may be inconsistent in the first place :-/

I used to have a page that indexed those and a lot of other statistics
but it is currently broken.  I need to put fixing that on the TODO list.

mcl