Correct downgrade procedure

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:26:32 PDT 2008

Hi all

I've been having increasingly annoying Xorg crashes with 7.1, on a
previously very reliable laptop[1], and am now trying to go back to how
it used to work, starting off by downgrading kernel + world to
7.0-RELEASE, which used to work quite nicely. If that fails to make any
huge strides, I guess I'll have to rollback the ports tree as well.

I was wondering if there was a best-practise way of downgrading? I guess
I will also have to rebuild all/most ports; that's what weekends are
for :)

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2008-October/006822.html