Correct downgrade procedure

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Fri Oct 17 06:09:20 PDT 2008

Hello Tom and FreeBSD friends,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 01:03:48PM +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've been having increasingly annoying Xorg crashes with 7.1, on a
> previously very reliable laptop[1], and am now trying to go back to how
> it used to work, starting off by downgrading kernel + world to
> 7.0-RELEASE, which used to work quite nicely. If that fails to make any
> huge strides, I guess I'll have to rollback the ports tree as well.
>
> I was wondering if there was a best-practise way of downgrading? I guess
> I will also have to rebuild all/most ports; that's what weekends are
> for :)

Did you consider using ``portdowngrade''. It should be included in your
portstree.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy

*************************************
Dr. W.K. Offermans
CAT Postdoctoral Fellow
CAT Catalytic Center
Institut für Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie
RWTH Aachen
Worringerweg 1, Raum 38C-150
D-52074 Aachen, Germany
Phone:  +49 241 80 28592
Home:   +31 45 544 49 44
Mobile: +31 653 27 16 23
e-mail: Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
e-mail: Willy.Offermans at CatalyticCenter.RWTH-Aachen.de