Portsclean doesnt like my upgrade from 6.3 > 7.0

Andrew D andrewd at webzone.net.au
Thu Jul 17 14:43:15 UTC 2008

David Southwell wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2008 06:39:26 Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> David Southwell wrote:
>>> It looks as though I have missed something!!
>>> FreeBSD dns1.vizion2000.net 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Wed Jul 16
>>> 09:27:38 PDT 2008
>>> root at dns1.vizion2000.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
>>>
>>> [root at dns1 ~]# portsclean
>>> FFaattaall  eerrrroorr  ''Thread is not system scope.
>>> Thread is not system scope.
>>> ''  aatt  lliinnee  331199  iinn
>>> ffiillee
>>> /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_sig.c/usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/th
>>> r_sig.c ((eerrrrnnoo  ==  22))
>>>
>>> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>>>
>>> Ok where do I go from here??
>> Find out which port(s) you didnt recompile as part of the upgrade (e.g.
>> check mtime in /usr/local), and do that now.  You may need to also
>> recompile the ports that depend on them to undo the damage.
>>
>> Kris
> Thanks Kris
> I have been unable to find instructions in the manual about  recompiling ports
> as part of a system upgrade process. There seems to be no reference to it.
> The upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3 seemed to work OK once I sorted out a problem
> with perl. However 6.3 to 7.0 seems to produce more difficulties than I
> bargained for!!!
>
> How can I best reconfigure and recompile all th installed ports?
>
> As you can see from below:
> [root at dns1 ~]# portupgrade -a
> Fatal error 'Thread is not system scope.
> ' at line 319 in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_sig.c (errno = 2)
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

I saw this not too long ago, The culprit was ruby.

Go into each of these ports and
'make clean && make && make deinstall reinstall' them

lang/ruby18 (I assume)
databases/ruby-bdb
ports-mgmt/portupgrade

you might have blow away /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db a couple of times for it
to work.

Then portupgrade should work fine :)

HTH
cya