re0 problem

Ilya Bakulin webmaster at kibab.com
Wed Dec 3 08:23:28 PST 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:10:17 +0900
Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please make sure you've (cold/warm) rebooted several times with
> this patch. Just applying the patch and using it without reboots
> doesn't necessary mean a working fix. Since it's hard to reproduce
> the issue even on a system with problematic controllers I'd like to
> have confidence in the patch.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pyun YongHyeon

I've been using patched driver for a month, without any problems. Cold/warm reboots, panics, shutdowns occured regularly, but - no problems. Yesterday I've updated kernel to latest 7-STABLE & forgot to apply patch, and errors are here :-)
Applying patch once more fixed problems.
I think that perfect working of patched driver during past month definitely proves that your patch corrects incorrect behavior of re(4). Thank you very much!

--
Ilya Bakulin <webmaster at kibab.com>