WARNING: 7-STABLE BROKEN -- please wait to upgrade / Should be OK now

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Aug 29 19:28:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:43:39 -0600 Dan Allen wrote:

> Well I got bit by this and am dead in the water.  Nothing builds.  I
> tried the DEBUG_FLAGS=-g trick but to no avail.

> I get this:

>    cc: Internal error: segmentation fault: 11 (program ld)

Yep, you need some tools installed with debug flag. I didn't try to
verify them, I just did a full installworld with that flag:
-----
# cd /usr/src
# make installworld DEBUG_FLAGS=-g
-----

Then reboot, csup and rebuild and reinstall the system once more. All
is well now.

> I do not have a backup ld.  (My bad.)

> Where can I get a good one?  I cannot find any servers with built
> individual tools.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)