Detangling the ppbus/ppc interrupt stuff..

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 29 19:12:26 UTC 2008

So I have a patch to try and straighten out the ppbus/ppc interrupt stuff a
bit.  Rather than passing IRQ numbers around as ivars, etc., ppc is smart
enough to let child devices ask for SYS_RES_IRQ rid 0 and let them use its
assigned IRQ resource.  It then uses an interrupt event to mange the list of
child interrupt handlers which it invokes from its own interrupt handler.  I
don't currently have any boxes running HEAD that have anything hooked up to
their ppc0 port, so I'd appreciate folks testing this if possible.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ppc_intr.patch

--
John Baldwin