WARNING: 7-STABLE BROKEN -- please wait to upgrade / Should be OK now

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Aug 29 19:55:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:08:47 +0300 Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:43:39AM -0600, Dan Allen wrote:
> > Well I got bit by this and am dead in the water.  Nothing builds.  I
> > tried the DEBUG_FLAGS=-g trick but to no avail.
> >
> > I get this:
> >
> >    cc: Internal error: segmentation fault: 11 (program ld)
> >
> > I do not have a backup ld.  (My bad.)
> >
> > Where can I get a good one?  I cannot find any servers with built
> > individual tools.

> The breakage from the WITH_CTF build is indicated by Abort from the
> image activator. Signal 11, AKA segmentation fault, is not likely
> to be caused by the dtrace MFC problems.

I've also got Signal 11 breaks for this problem.

> Just in case, if you have buildworld result intact, you should enter
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld
> and do
> 	make install DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

My problem was with gcc, then cc... I stopped here and installed the
whole world with the debug flag. When I've read an "all clean" message
source update and world rebuild/reinstall helped. I don't have any zfs
filesystems here though.

> But I think your problem is not related.

Related for sure. ;-)

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)