umtxn and Apache 2.2

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:50:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 16:56 +0200, Borja Marcos wrote:

> Doesn't seem stripped to me...
>
> %file /usr/local/sbin/httpd
> /usr/local/sbin/httpd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version
> 1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 7.0 (700110), dynamically linked (uses shared
> libs), FreeBSD-style, not stripped

Ok, so thats the httpd binary - what about libapr, libapr-util, PHP and
all your PHP extensions - are they compiled with debug and not
stripped? :)

Personally, I find PHP far too troublesome to run threaded. These days,
I use an event MPM based front-end apache 2.2, which reverse proxies to
either a prefork MPM apache 2.2 with mod_<insert scripting lang>, or
directly connect to a fastcgi instance. Serve all your static content
from the front-end, and it's all quite fast - plus you can scale out
much much more simply.

Cheers

Tom