umtxn and Apache 2.2

Borja Marcos BORJAMAR at SARENET.ES
Wed Aug 13 14:56:15 UTC 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>> Hmm. Weird. I compiled the port having WITH_DEBUG defined (as I saw
>> in the Makefile) and indeed the gcc invocations has the -g flag
>> set. What is strange is the error gdb issued, offering a coredump,
>> etc.
>
> It is likely that the binaries are stripped on install then.  You
> can try to run gdb against the compiled versions in the port work/
> directory.

Doesn't seem stripped to me...

%file /usr/local/sbin/httpd
/usr/local/sbin/httpd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version
1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 7.0 (700110), dynamically linked (uses shared
libs), FreeBSD-style, not stripped
%gdb /usr/local/sbin/httpd
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/httpd
[New LWP 100152]
[New Thread 0x8102100 (LWP 100152)]
(48)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs

Program exited with code 01.

Any know bug affecting gdb on FreeBSD 7-STABLE/i386? "devilator" is
mine, it's indeed compiled in debug mode, and gdb has problems to
attach to it. It does it, but complains offering a core dump as well :/

%ps ax|fgrep devila
44336  p0- S      1:11.79 /usr/local/bin/devilator
67511  p0  R+     0:00.00 fgrep devila
%cd ~borjam/src/devilator-1.0a2/
%gdb -p 44336
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd".
Attaching to process 44336
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/libgdb/../../../../contrib/gdb/gdb/solib-
svr4.c:1443: internal-error: legacy_fetch_link_map_offsets called
without legacy link_map support enabled.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/libgdb/../../../../contrib/gdb/gdb/solib-
svr4.c:1443: internal-error: legacy_fetch_link_map_offsets called
without legacy link_map support enabled.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) n
Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/devilator...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libkvm.so.4...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libkvm.so.4
Reading symbols from /lib/libgeom.so.4...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libgeom.so.4
Reading symbols from /lib/libdevstat.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdevstat.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.7...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.7
Reading symbols from /lib/libbsdxml.so.3...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libbsdxml.so.3
Reading symbols from /lib/libsbuf.so.4...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libsbuf.so.4
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
0x381510af in nanosleep ()
    from /lib/libc.so.7
(gdb) bt
#0  0x381510af in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.7
#1  0x3811f40a in sleep () from /lib/libc.so.7
#2  0x08048f4b in main () at devilator.c:47
(gdb) The program is running.  Quit anyway (and detach it)? (y or n) y
Detaching from program: /usr/local/bin/devilator, process 44336

>>> Also, it is worth carefully checking your php configuration.  For
>>> example, php is notoriously sensitive to the order in which
>>> modules are defined, and will crash or misbehave without giving
>>> any other warnings if you don't meet its expectations.  That may
>>> or may not be relevant in your situation.
>> Just in case I didn't change the order of the modules. I'll keep
>> looking at it.
>
> This could be why :)  Some people report that previously working
> configurations stopped working after an upgrade until the ordering
> was changed.

Hmm. I see, I will check then.

Thank you,

Borja.