ZFS deadlock

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 19:20:01 UTC 2008

It depends a lot on your workload I'd say.
for me its pretty stable on a amd64 7-STABLE box that just does a little
light mail and web and package building.
for others not so much.

info on my system below if anyones interested.

Vince

(20:12:28 </usr/home/jhary>) 0 $ more /boot/loader.conf
geom_mirror_load=YES
vm.kmem_size="768M"
vm.kmem_size_max="768M"
snd_emu10k1_load=YES
jhary at crab
(20:12:39 </usr/home/jhary>) 0 $ uptime
  8:12PM  up 13 days, 19:16, 5 users, load averages: 1.21, 0.86, 0.44
jhary at crab
(20:12:50 </usr/home/jhary>) 0 $ zfs list
NAME       USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
data       164G  64.8G    18K  /data
data/usr   163G  64.8G   163G  /usr
data/var   306M  64.8G   306M  /var
jhary at crab
(20:13:00 </usr/home/jhary>) 0 $ zpool status
   pool: data
  state: ONLINE
  scrub: none requested
config:

         NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         data        ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror    ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad6s2   ONLINE       0     0     0
             ad4s2   ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

relevent bits from dmesg:

CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 242 (1594.18-MHz K8-class CPU)
   Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0xf5a  Stepping = 10

Features=0x78bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2>
   AMD Features=0xe0500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,LM,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
usable memory = 3210489856 (3061 MB)
avail memory  = 3103461376 (2959 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <A M I  OEMAPIC >
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
  cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
  cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1