BIND 9.3.1 - How to get rid of AAAA querys?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 17 08:45:19 PDT 2007

If memory serves me right, Pete French wrote:
> since we are talking about IPv6, how do people genarlly find it on FreeBSD?

Two quasi-data points:

1.  I personally have been doing dual-stack on my FreeBSD machines for a
couple years, with a gif(4) tunnel to my ISP (my tunnel endpoint runs
6-STABLE, other home workstations are a mix of 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT).
 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE and 6.2-RELEASE unfortunately shipped with some
problems that made IPv6 over gif(4) not work right out of the box but
those were fixed up in errata patches.  I haven't noticed any persistent
problems but I haven't been really looking for them either.

2.  Many of the FreeBSD.org machines (of particular note,
www.FreeBSD.org and part of ftp.FreeBSD.org) are now running dual-stack.
  As a result, we're more likely to fix problems (in functionality or
performance) in the IPv6 code, or at least to be aware of them.

Bruce.