CPUTYPE:=athlon problem on RELENG_7

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:12:39 PST 2007

When I moved to RELENG_7 on my machine i have experienced some SIGILL's
on graphic applications. Looking into the cause I found this in gcc docs:

     _athlon, athlon-tbird_
           AMD Athlon CPU with MMX, 3dNOW!, enhanced 3dNOW! and SSE
           prefetch instructions support.

But my processor lack any SSE support:

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1343.06-MHz 686-class CPU)
   Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x644  Stepping = 4

Features=0x183f9ff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR>
   AMD Features=0xc0440800<SYSCALL,<b18>,MMX+,3DNow!+,3DNow!>

I have tried to enable CPU_ATHLON_SSE_HACK in kernel, but with no luck.
I have also verified that I'm running the last available BIOS for my
motherboard.

Now when I have moved to k6-2 my system is working and stable as hell...

Am I missing something weird?

--
Sphinx of blackb quartz judge my vow.