2 x quad-core system is slower that 2 x dual core on FreeBSD

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 20 10:25:29 PST 2007

Claus Guttesen wrote:

> I'm running two DL360 G5 webservers each with two quad-core cpu's.
> Each have 8 GB of ram, one is 2 Ghz and the other is 2.33 Ghz. They
> run just fine. These two webservers have twice the weight of three
> opterons with two dual-core cpu's on our coyote load-balancer.

The issue in this thread is not if they are fast, but could they be made
faster by shortening sys time :)

(btw. what is your sys time under stress?)

The systems I reported about are "fast enough" for me, but they are not
for the person who started the thread, and I agree that it looks like
there could be a problem.