2 x quad-core system is slower that 2 x dual core on FreeBSD

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Nov 20 09:42:47 PST 2007

> Thank you for your research. I think you can get more %sys with 4-core
> processors. For me 2xquad-core systems are now completely unusable as
> PHP backends.

I am getting very alarmed by this discussion as we just took delivery
of ten 2x quad core systems to be deployes as heavy webservers in order to
replace the dual core ones. probably under 7.0 as 6.3 wont boot PAE and
they have 16 gigs of memory.

> Anyway I'm happy that I'm not alone with this problem. But what can we
> do about it?

when I get a webserver up and running I will also do some benchmarking and
see if I get the same results. I am simply running straight forward Obj-C
code on mine.

-pete.