Upgrading from FreeBSD 5.4 to 5.5 STABLE

Nic Reveles Nic.Reveles at gatech.edu
Sat Nov 17 09:48:29 PST 2007

Thanks for the tips!  Still having the same problem though...

I have changed the tag in my supfile to:
*default tag=RELENG_5_5

I then removed the directory '/usr/src/contrib/cvs' and ran cvsup again.

But when I run 'make buildworld' I still get the previous error.

===> gnu/usr.bin/cvs/contrib
sed -e 's, at CSH@,/bin/csh,' -e 's at PERL@,/usr/bin/perl,'
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cvs/contrib/../../../../contrib/cvs/contrib/Makefile.in
 > Makefile
"Makefile", line 15: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cvs.

I assume this means it is not a problem with timestamps.  What is causing
this and is it easily fixed?

Nic