Status of 3945ABG and others

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Nov 19 16:17:58 PST 2006

> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:48:17 +0100
> Richard Arends <richard at unixguru.nl> wrote:
>
> > Yes, in my IBM T60 i'm using this one:
> > http://www5.pc.ibm.com/nl/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_40Y7026?OpenDocument
>
> Interesting. This card (partnumber 40Y7026) seems to be the only other
> choice of mini-PCI express cards available in Norway. The other is -
> you guessed it - the infamous Intel 3945abg.
> Now, before I shell out some money for this, does anybody know if it
> will work in another laptop than the Lenovo / IBM?
> And, if anybody have experiedce with installing this card in an Acer
> laptop (AS5672) tha would be even better.

I don't know about availability in Norway, but the 73P4301 is an Atheros card.
It is available in the US.
 http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/catalog.workflow:item.detail?Gro
upID=38&Code=73P4301

$65 looks a bit high. You can probably get it cheaper on ebay or elsewhere.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)