Status of 3945ABG and others

Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner lopisaur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:26:16 PST 2006

Hi guys,
I don't know if any of you remember, I asked about some laptops a few
months back.
Anyway, I got a Toshiba Tecra A6, moved halfway across the planet and at
the moment (especially since I can't afford to build myself a REAL
machine right now) I really, really miss my FreeBSD.
It's running that OS with the L-word right now, since FreeBSD wouldn
give me sound nor network.
I was wondering if there was any hope in sight for me?
Sound is ALC861, wireless 3945ABG. I never got around to test the wired
ethernet (Intel PRO/1000, should work, right?).
I didn't even bother trying out X.org, because it should work (it's an
i945GM).
I really can't do without network and sound...

6.1 installs wonderfully, except for the stuff above. I don care about
the fingerprint stuff, card reader, etc.

--
Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner
lopisaur at gmail.com
clopez at uni-koblenz.de