EM stability

Barry Boes barry.boes at acciodata.com
Sun Nov 12 20:26:44 UTC 2006

After the last hang I added giant locks back in and the machine has
been up since.

I don't have a serial console, just a graphic console.  When the
machine hangs it stops replying to ethernet packets at all protocol
levels and doesn't respond to keyboard input in any way, virtual
console or otherwise.  If I run a script of the form
   while(1)
     sleep 1
     date >> datelog
   end

the file stops updating when the machine hangs.

I will define the debugger in the kernel (options DDB, right?), attach
a serial console, and do what I can to get more information on the
problem.

-Barry