Downgrade to 5.5

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Nov 9 08:56:19 UTC 2006

Hi all

I'm running 6-stable on my FreeBSD nfs server, and I've lots of lots of
trouble.
	1/ Sometime the server juste hang-on without any message (console
	or syslog)

	2/ Sometime I've em* or bge* watchdog on the console, and when this
	append the server "loose" this nic after sometime.

	3/ Event nfsd running, after 1 or 2 week of uptime, the daemon
	rpcbind don't answer anymore any request from client, event rpcbind
	running and listen on right ports (check with sockstat) I've got
	many message to tell
		Connection attempt to
	in my syslog (I've log_in_vain configured with sysctl).

Now the server crash 2 times in 2 days (case 1). (With the new path on em.c)

Well after this thing I want to downgrade to 5.x. Can I use this process:

	I make buildworld & buildkernel on a FreeBSD 5.x server.
	I make a tar.gz of /usr/obj and /usr/src
	I tranfert this two tar.gz on my 6-stable server.
	Untar on right place
	make installkernel on /usr/src from 5.x
	reboot
	make installworld.

I don't really care if the 6-stable-/usr/local/bin running on my downgrade
server. Because this server running only nfsd.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Universite de Paris 7 (Denis DIDEROT)