FreeBSD Security Survey

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun May 21 21:16:45 PDT 2006

On May 21, 2006, at 20:55, Colin Percival wrote:

> If you administrate system(s) running FreeBSD (in the broad sense
> of "are
> responsible for keeping system(s) secure and up to date"), please
> visit
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~cperciva/survey.html
> and complete the survey below before May 31st, 2006.

What doesn't fit into the survey very well is that all my servers are
production ones and it causes a lot of grief for users when I bring
them down.  I try to hold updates to once per year because of that.
I am currently in the middle of upgrading from 5.3 to 6.0.  The easy
machines are done but there are still a few that will take
considerable on-site time which is not easy to come by.