cc can't build 32-bit executables on amd64

Paul Allen nospam at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon May 1 21:25:40 UTC 2006

This was originally mentioned in amd64/76224 which was closed by obrien with the
terse remark: "We don't yet support building 32-bit apps on a 64-bit system. We
only barely support *running* them at this point."

Really this deserves an errata mention at the very least.  It just simply
isn't intuitive that this functionality would be missing from a tier-1 release.

                         Paul