watchdog network card

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Tue Mar 28 10:38:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 03:08:01PM +0200, Marian Hettwer wrote:
> Albert Shih wrote:
> >  Le 27/03/2006 ? 07:46:04-0300, JoaoBR a ?crit
>

> >>is your card in polling mode ?
> >

> > Well I don't known what's that mean. I just look the ifconfig's man...I
> > just use default config, and I don't think I use poling mode.
> >
> polling is described in polling(4) --> man 4 polling

That page points out that you need to re-compile your kernel
with options DEVICE_POLLING, the OP should make sure that he
does that, too.

> > I don't understand : You think is better to put my card in polling mode or
> > not ?
> >
> you can give it a try
> ifconfig $interface polling
> or
> ifconfig $interface -polling
> to disable polling...

After the last rebuild on my amd64-x2 box, both the nve ethernet
on the motherboard and the dc ethernet that I had been using to
work around other problems in the nve driver stopped working in
this way.  DEVICE_POLLING and ifconfig...polling has got me
going again.  I thoroughly recommend it.

Cheers,

--
Andrew