watchdog network card

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 27 10:37:25 UTC 2006

 Le 27/03/2006 à 12:02:08+0200, Michel Le Cocq a écrit
> I Jas
>
> I have the same type of trouble on a gigabythe motherboard with an
> onboard ethernet card.
> I run FreeBSD 6.0 but after 20 seconds ~ the card go Up again.
> Before I was under 5.4 and I don't remember a such trouble.
>
> The only thing I sugest before the correction is to add a PCI card :-(

I can't add another PCI card because all my PCI slot is in use.

On my server I need 5 network Interface, and I've 2 bi-dual-gigabits PCI
card and one on mothercard.

And it's more complicate because the other card have same trouble...

Of course I can remove all card ;-) but on nfs server it's little
...useless....

> cat /var/log/messages
>
> Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
> Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
> Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
>
> [...]
>
> Mar 25 21:49:45 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
> Mar 25 21:49:46 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to UP

I don't have exactly same problem because when my bge0 going down he never
comme back. I just stay in down and I just have lots of message like

        bge0 watchdog timeout problems
        fxp1 watchdog timeout problems

Any idea ?

Regards.