Status of FreeBSD/Xen?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Mar 16 15:02:14 UTC 2006

Hi, folks!

>From the sparse documentation I was able to find, it seems
like Xen support was planned for 6.1-RELEASE.

http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/STATUS

"dom0/domU i386 support will be part of FreeBSD 6.1
 (Jan 30 / Mar 20 freeze / release)"

Is this true? A quick check on a system cvsup'ed to RELENG_6
did not look promising:

# cd /usr/src/sys
# laphroaig# find . -name '*xen*'
./i386/ibcs2/ibcs2_xenix.c
./i386/ibcs2/ibcs2_xenix.h
./i386/ibcs2/ibcs2_xenix_syscall.h
./i386/ibcs2/ibcs2_xenix_sysent.c
./i386/ibcs2/syscalls.xenix
./i386/ibcs2/syscalls.xenix.conf
#

Or isn't there supposed to be a separate i386-xeno directory
somewhere in the source tree? Maybe it's part of i386?
Sorry, but I spent quite some time with Google and some hints
on how to get started would be great. Of course I can try
-CURRENT, if necessary for Xen.

Thanks,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100