Fresh install on gmirror'ed disks?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Mar 3 20:26:09 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 12:27, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> JoaoBR wrote:

> > The only advantage I can see is when you really want raid at install time
> > and that definitly is not usual.
>
> What planet are you from? It's very usual. You setup RAID before you
> copy data to the array, not the other way around.

I am from planet earth, already from the round-ball one ;)

you said you waste your time installing the OS, activating raid and
re-installing the Os
now you talk about copying date

you can mirror or stripe without loosing data and you can do it online,
inserting and removing slices whenever you want

João